With the internet becoming an integral part of our lives; it is not uncommon for broadband providers to hike your monthly rental suddenly or end their promotional offers and discounts offered to you. In such scenarios; your monthly rental hikes substantially. It need not mean switching over to a different provider or even to again hunt down the best broadband deals in the UK. You can haggle with your broadband provider and again get it down to a fair deal. Follow these top haggling tips to emerge a winner.
- Prepare well
Preparation is the key to successful haggling. Appearing knowledgeable about the current deals available in the market will put you in the driver’s seat. It would be better if you note down the most cost-effective pricing available for you with their perks. The knowledge would help you present your case well as well as put an unconscious pressure on the broadband provider to offer you a better deal.
- Build your case
Next, you must look deep and study your own connection and pinpoint flaws, if any. You could check into the broadband latency information as invariably, speed is the concerned area with a most broadband connection. The information can easily be used as a customer. You also need to realize if you are a bundle-taker or not as that makes you a high-value customer. The deal will automatically be losing multiple connections if you switch over. It also implies that you need to be prepared to switch over all your connections if at all required.
- Call your broadband provider and ask for discounts
Now is the time to actually get in touch with the broadband provider. Let them know about your research and competitive offers that you would be getting. Ask them directly if they could give you a similar deal or better it. You need to know here that you will not get anything unless you ask for it. Make the call when you have enough time in your hands as these calls often take time and plenty of patience from your side.
You might even be transferred to Retentions Department where a senior officer might try to coerce you back into the deal. At all times, you must remain calm and cool but adamant. Few pointers to keep in mind while negotiating with any spokesperson is –
- Never accept their first offer as it would be least profitable to you.
- Do not hesitate to ask for a higher spokesperson if they say that they are not authorized to give you higher discounts.
- It is even possible that you are offered You need to relax and try again with a different spokesperson the next time. The chances are that you would succeed in getting a discount.
- If they are least bothered about your switch-over, then it would be smarter to actually switch-over.
- You must always note down what they are offering and if possible; get it from them in writing. This would prevent them from backing off from their
It might not be so easy or a pleasant experience to haggle with your current broadband provider, but it will be worthwhile in the end for you. It would make a serious difference in the bill you pay to your broadband provider.