If you’re in search for the perfect wireless printer, you might want to know which is better between ink or toner cartridges when printing. The truth is, both have their pros and cons, and they are both used for different types of printer.
Ink is used by inkjet printers, while toner is the printing material used by laser printers. As you read on, you’ll see the pros and cons of the both of them, and this will help you pick one.
It’s a power-based printing substance or material used by laser printers, and it’s composed of organic compounds and polymers.
- Faster Printing: Laser printers print faster than inkjet printers because of the toner cartridges. This is because of the precision in which the laser sprays the ink. Lasers are faster and more precise than how droplets of ink could be.
- Better Quality: Because of the precision in which the laser sprays the ink, images comes out clearer with better resolution. Unlike the inkjet printer, the laser printer will give you an edge on photo quality.
- Greater Longevity: Unlike the inkjet printers, with laser printers, you can print a large number of pages because of its speed and its ability to siphon off extra toner.
- Messy and Expensive: Toner cartridges are expensive than ink cartridges and they are very messy when refilling them because you’ll be dealing with a microscopic powder rather than liquid.
- Laser Printers Are Expensive and Bigger: Unlike how portable and cheaper the inkjet printers are, laser printers are bigger in size and are more expensive.
Ink is stored in small tanks or cartridges and is sprayed out in a microscopic mist over the print pattern.
- Inkjet Printers are Cheaper: This is especially true if you have a low budget. Ink printers generally are not as expensive as laser printers are. However, the cost might increase over the long haul on ink refilling.
- Cartridges are Small and Easy to Install: Unlike the toner cartridges, ink cartridges are relatively smaller and not as expensive as toner cartridges. This makes replacement and refilling easier.
- Ink Offers Low Print Yield for Price: That is, inkjet printers churn out few pages than the toner printers.
- Cartridges are Prone to Clogging: If you don’t use inkjet printers for a long time, the cartridge’s head/nozzle may dry up or get clogged. That is why most inkjet printers have inbuilt print head cleaners.
With these reviews, you should be able to make a decision on which type of printer to get. You can purchase any of them from 123ink.ca.